We at The Birth Circle have been up to great things again this year! Have you joined us for a monthly meeting or two, or attended one of our support groups? Have we seen you at our play group gatherings, or have you and your family celebrated with us at one of our family-friendly events? If so, THANK YOU!! You have helped make 2016 wonderful!
If we haven’t seen you in a while, perhaps you’ve been wondering, “What has The Birth Circle done for me lately?” If your family has grown older and you are no longer pregnant or running after a toddler, perhaps not much. Even though The Birth Circle may not be as relevant in your life as it once was, there are many young families whose lives it currently touches as they journey through their formative years as parents. The Birth Circle continues to provide a community of support that understands the struggles and victories of pregnancy and early parenthood.
What DID The Birth Circle do for you in your early parenthood? Perhaps a lot, especially if you were new to the area and your support network lived far away, or if you simply needed to connect with other parents or specific resources in our community. Whatever it was that brought you to The Birth Circle, we are glad it did, and you can rest assured that we are still doing our best to meet the needs of area families, as we did for you!
If you are currently expecting a child, experiencing the wonders of the first year with your infant, or exploring the world with your toddler or preschooler, you know firsthand that The Birth Circle continues to serve people in early parenthood through our…
- Monthly Meetings—where we provide education and a direct connection to local resources
- Play Group—where parents and kids meet, play and socialize each month
- Loss Support Group—where families can find a safe and comforting place to grieve
- Prepared Mommy Camp—where young moms-to-be find support and relevant resources
- Young Mom Support Group—where bonds of friendship are fostered through learning and play
- Meals-For-Moms (& Families)—where community members support fellow families in need with gifts of food
- Pregnancy & Baby Fair—where families find a hub of fun programming and local resources
- Annual Family Reunion Picnic—where kids and parents play, socialize and eat together
- Yard Sale—where families go to find essential items for their growing families at great prices
- Loss Ceremony—where people connect to remember and honor the children they’ve lost too soon
- JIVE!—where families, young and old, come to celebrate and welcome the New Year together
The Birth Circle has always been a hub of local and regional resources, connecting families and experts in so many ways, AND ALL FOR FREE! We are proud of the relationships we have created and sustained around the region, and we continue to work hard to widen the circle of support available to young families. One way we can do this is to gather your input. We would love to know more about your story and how we played a part!
We invite you to tell us what The Birth Circle has done for you in the past and present, and what you would like to see in future. You can share your thoughts with us by participating in our ONLINE SURVEY. Whether you are a new family currently active in The Birth Circle, or a family who has felt the support of The Birth Circle in the past, you know that our remarkable programs and events can make all the difference when it comes to the challenges and successes of parenthood.
As the year moves to a close, we hope that you will take a moment and reflect on what The Birth Circle has meant to you, your family and your community. WE CANNOT DO ALL OF THIS VALUABLE WORK WITHOUT YOUR HELP! One simple yet incredibly important way that you can help support young families on their journey through early parenthood is to make a contribution in support of The Birth Circle today as we continue our mission to educate, support and empower families as they journey through pregnancy, childbirth, the postpartum period and early childhood.
Just click on the “Donate” button and follow the link to make your contribution through Pay Pal.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO FOR THE BIRTH CIRCLE AND AREA FAMILIES!
Executive Director, The Birth Circle