In 2018, The Birth Circle is making some changes to the Prepared Mommy Camp program thanks to the valuable input we received in 2017 from our community partners and from our past camp participants and volunteers. We hope it will be easier for you to attend!
- Each prepared Mommy Camp session will include 4 workshops. Session 1 will run March – June and Session 2 will be August – November. Each workshop will be on the 3rd Saturday of the month from 10am – 2pm at the Friends Meeting House, 22 Birge Dr, Chauncey, OH 45719.
- The Birth Circle will provide prizes at each workshop such as diapers and other mom/baby-related items, as well as a grand prize once the full session (all four workshops) is completed.
- Lunch and snack will be provided at each workshop.
- We will help to organize transportation and childcare if needed.
- If you cannot complete all 4 workshops in order, you may register for workshops in the following session until you have completed each topic and earned the grand prize.
- If you are pregnant or already have had your baby, you are welcome to attend. It is our hope that women whose babies have already been born will help others by sharing their experience during workshops that are geared towards pregnancy and labor.
- Women up to age 23 who are pregnant will be given priority, but any mother who is interested is welcome to attend if space is available.
- Prepared Mommy Camp is FREE thanks to community support and a grant from the Athens Foundation.
*June 16th and November 17th will include an Open House for new participants 2:30-4pm.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 740-652-6262!
Each year, our local community has generously donated much-needed items to this free program. We are expecting up to 10 young moms each session, and would be grateful for any number of items you can offer.
- We are in need of products related to pregnancy and/or newborns (clothes, furniture, slings, diapers, nursing bras, etc.).
- We are in need of snacks and breakfast items to have available during camp.
- We are looking for local restaurants to sponsor a workshop by providing lunch.
- If you would like to volunteer your time, we are looking for help transporting participants to and from camp. We also need volunteers to pick-up meals from local restaurants and deliver them to camp.
- If you offer pregnancy or baby-related goods or services (photography, art, clothing, etc), we are looking for donations to be used as prizes for the women at the end of each session.
The Birth Circle is a 501-c-3 non-profit organization. We would be happy to send you an in-kind donation form for your taxes.
Please take a moment to fill out the online form below if you are able to contribute to this valuable, free program for young moms-to-be. Thank you!